Our local will make a donation of $75 to purchase a gift basket which will be raffled at the upcoming PSAC B.C. Regional Women’s Conference on September 23-25, 2016, in Richmond.
Our local's participants, Theresa Marion, and Iris Michael, will also collect items for donation to the Downtown East Side Women’s Centre. Here is a list of items that the Centre needs:
· Blankets and linens
· Toothbrushes and toothpaste
· Feminine hygiene products (menstrual pads, incontinence supplies – Tena, Poise)
· Toiletries – shampoo and conditioner (travel sized preferred), new soap, hand cream and makeup
· Socks, underwear, bras (new or gently used)
· Coats and rain gear
· Women’s clothing (new or gently used, should be clean and in good repair)
· Alcohol wipes
· Hand sanitizer pump dispensers
· Reading glasses
· DVDs, books, magazines
· Arts and craft supplies such as beads and beading supplies, knitting needles, crochet hooks, yarn or wool, buttons.
Please drop off your donation item(s) to workspace 1120C or 610N. At the conference there will be donation boxes set up where participants can place these items. There will be tags available where participants can write messages of empowerment and affix to the donated items. The donations will be delivered after the conference to the Downtown East Side Women’s Centre.
Thank you for your generosity.